biopin Fence Care Oil
bio pin Fence Care Oil is a special high-quality, solvent-free oil for wooden outdoor elements such as fences, pergolas etc. High-quality vegetable oils impregnate new oil and add new shine to old wood. Mineral pigments ensure an attractive appearance and protect the wood from early ageing. Does not contain any wood preservative.
Area of application
For untreated, pressure treated and oiled wood for outdoor applications. Not suitable for oak and sealed or otherwise non-absorbent wooden surfaces.
- Constituents Binding agents: Linseed oil-stand oil, wood oil
- Solvent: Water
- Pigments: Mineral pigments
- Additives: Methyl cellulose, vegetable-based emulsifier, lead and barium-free drying agents
- Colour: brown No. 40913
- Storage: Keep tightly sealed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free
- Shelf-life: A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly sealed.
- Can sizes: 5 ltr
- Class of risks: Does not apply, no hazardous good according to GefStoffV (German Ordinance on Hazardous Goods) and VbF
- Specific weight Approx. 0.98 g/ml (depending on colour)
- Viscosity Approx. 12 seconds (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flashpoint above 200°C
- Consumption Approx. 70-80 ml/m2 per coat depending on condition of surface and abosorption of material. Consumption may be considerably higher for rough sawn surfaces.
- Drying time At 20° C and average humidity dry and re-coatable after 6-8 hours.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood (see also ‚Area of application’)
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application: Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Stir well before use. Evenly apply thin coat.
Thinner Product comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water.
Pre-treatment: Completely remove old paint and stain surfaces, grey wood should be sanded down to healthy wood. New pressure-treated wood should be left to season for one or two months and any salt crystals should be removed with a brush.
New coats Apply one coat of bio pin Fence Care Oil for initial treatment on pre-oiled wood and two to three coats to pressure-treated and untreated wood.
Renovation of old wood Clean and prepare wooden surfaces in accordance with their condition. Evenly apply one to two thin coats of bio pin Fence Care Oil.