biopin Interior Wood Stain
bio pin Interior Wood Stain is a solvent-free interior wood protector with a satin finish. It is both water and dirt-repellent.
Area of application
bio pin Interior Wood Stain can be used for untreated softwood in indoor areas: eg shaped wood, visible beams, doors, shelves and toys. It you want to apply the interior wood stain to other woods, try on concealed area first. Suitable for children’s toys. Complies with Euro norm DIN-EN 71, part 3 on the Safety of Children’s Toys.
- Dune Sand
- Frisian Blue
- Pine, gelaugt
- Colonial brown
- Nordic Green
- Nordic red
- Nut wood
- Royal Blue
- Tinted white
- Constituents Binding agent: linseed oil, wood oil
- Solvent: water
- Pigments: mineral pigments.
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, lead-free drying agent (cobalt linoleate), methyl cellulose.
- Colours Transparent no. 2150 – tinted (white) no. 2151 – pine no. 2152 – beech no 2153 – nut wood no. 2155 – teak no 2157 – black no. 2158 – Nordic read no. 2160 – pine no. 2162, Nordic green no. 2163 – reed green no. 2164 – dune sand no 2165 – royal blue 2166 – Friesian blue no. 2169. Milky when wet, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.375 l, 0.75 l, 2.5 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 0.99g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 20secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Does not apply as over 200°.
- Coverage 70-85 ml/sq metre per coat on surfaces with average absorption.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 3-4 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Low temperatures, high humidity and wet surfaces slow down drying process. Coloured coats may chalk off in the first few days.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Untreated softwoods. For other woods try on concealed area first. In cases of varnished or
stained wood, completely remove old finish first: Old bio pin Interior Wood Stain coats only have
to be cleaned and lightly sanded. For woods which have already been treated with primers try in
concealed area first.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Brush or spray on. Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Stir or shake well before use.
Preparation Evenly apply a thin layer of wood stain. Leave to dry well.
Finishing coat Evenly apply another 1-2 thin coats.