biopin Weather Protection Paint
bio pin Weather Protection Paint is a solvent-free high-build wood stain with excellent hiding power made of vegetable oils and resins for a lasting finish which does not fill the wood grain. bio pin Weather Protection Paint are extremely weather and water-resistant. The paint is of lasting flexibility and does not tend to brittle. It is therefore very suitable for refurbishments. If properly applied it achieves very good UV-light protection. Silk gloss finish.
Area of application
Can be used for the treatment of hard and softwoods on exterior surfaces, eg lathed walls, carports, garden furniture and log cabins. Drying time may increase and colour may change in cases of dense woods such as oak, chestnut or tropical woods. Try on sample area first. For the treatment of doors and windows we recommend bio pin Weather Protection Stain or bio pin Topcoat.
- Friesian Blue
- Nordic Green
- Nordic Red
- Constituents Binding agent: linseed oil, caster oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: water
- Pigments and fillers: earth and mineral pigments
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, lead and barium-free drying agent mix and stabilizers. Methyl cellulose.
- Colours white 3831 – Nordic red. 3835 Nordic green 3837– Friesian blue 3839. The paint is milky when wet, but clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 1.2-1.4 g/ml (depending on colour).
- Viscosity Approx. 30-35 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Does not apply as over 200°C.
- Coverage 75-90 ml/sq metre depending on composition of surface and absorption properties of the wood.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 3-5 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Recoatable after 1 day. Low temperatures and high humidity may increase drying time.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Stir well before use. Evenly brush on thin layer along the grain.
Thinner The Waether Protection Paint comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water. Treatment Apply two coats for normal weather-proofing and 3 coats for weather-proofing of extremely exposed woods.
Restoration Check old finish and remove all loose, flaking and brittle paint. Then treat as for new finish. Clean and slightly sand intact finishes. Then apply 1-2 coats depending on wear. For other, unknown coats try bio pin Weather Protection Paint on hidden area first