biopin Primer Sealer
Product description bio pin Primer Sealer is a white primer with super hiding power. Can be used or both interior and exterior applications. The high content of vegetable oil protects wooden surfaces and improves the adhesion of any subsequent varnishes. bio pin Primer Sealer is an excellent filler and does not become brittle.
Area of application
Apply as a preparation with an excellent hiding power for interior and exterior wood and metal. Dense woods, such as oak, chestnut and various tropical woods may increase the drying time considerably. Only use on such materials after trial coat.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked linseed oil, wood oil, caster oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: water
- Pigments and fillers: titan dioxide (from a spent acid recovery process), lithopone
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, lead and barium-free drying agent, methyl cellulose and stabilizers.
- Colours White
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.375 l, 0.75 l, 2.5 l.
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 1.5 g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 110secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Does not apply as over 200°C.
- Coverage 75-85 ml/sq metre per coat on surfaces with average absorption.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 3-6 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. After 1 day treated surface can be sanded and re-coated. Final hardness achieved after several weeks.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood, wooden construction material, metal. Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease. Metals must be rust-free. Application Brush or roll on. Spraying only recommended if area tested first. Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Thinner The bio pin Primer Sealer comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water. Preparation Buff tropical and extremely resinous woods with bio pin Thinner. Do not apply Primer Sealer until thinner has completely evaporated. Cut or burn out resin ducts. For best results pre-treat wood with a thin layer of bio pin Primer Sealer. Leave to dry and fill small holes and cracks. Sand when dry. Remove rust from metal and pre-treat with rust-proof paint if necessary.