biopin Teak Oil
bio pin Teak Oil is a special transparent mixture made from vegetable raw materials to protect and care for wooden surfaces. It enhances both the grain and the natural colour of the wood while providing a glossy surface. bio pin Teak Oil is water and dirt repellent.
Area of application
For the care and initial treatment of untreated or oiled hardwood (teak, jacaranda, robinia etc.) as well as for interior softwood (pine, spruce etc.). in cases of weather resistant woods such as teak and robinia it may also be used outdoors.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of castor oil, linseed oil, wood oil and modified colophony
- Solvent: essential citrus oil
- Additives: lead and barium-free drying agent
- Colours Transparent
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0,5 l
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.89 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 14 sec. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Approx. 46°C
- Coverage 60-70 ml/sq metre for one coat on a surface with average absorption properties.
- Drying time Dry after approx. 3-5 hrs at 20°C and average humidity.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Apply with paint brush or lint free cloth. Only use if temperature is above 8°C.
Thinner The teak oil comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner.
Preparation Clean resinous or oily woods (eg teak) with bio pin Thinner.
Basic treatment Evenly apply 1-2 thin layers of bio pin Teak Oil. After 10 min. remove any excess oil with lint free cloth and leave wood to dry. After 3-5 hours of drying rub in another thin layer of oil. Tip for interior teak wood: Paint bio pin Teak Oil onto untreated teak wood and sand down surface immediately afterwards with very fine grade sandpaper along the grain. Rub off surface and leave to dry. Rub in several thin coats of oil with lint free cloth. Leave wood to dry after each application.