biopin Natural Universal Varnish
bio pin Natural Universal Varnish is an excellent interior and exterior sealant. It forms a weather and water-proof surface with excellent abrasion resistance. The combination of various oils ensures good penetration and adhesion properties combined with lasting elasticity. Produces a glossy surface.
Area of application
bio pin Natural Universal Varnish is an excellent sealant for surfaces with high wear and which are exposed to extreme weather. Can be applied to interior and exterior wood (eg flooring, furniture in damp rooms, garden furniture), cork floors, and various mineral materials (concrete floors and unglazed clay tiles).
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of linseed oil, wood oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: essential citrus oil
- Additives: lead and barium-free drying agent
- Colours Transparent.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.93g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 40 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Approx. 46°C
- Coverage 80-90 ml/sq metre per coat depending on composition of surface and absorption properties of the wood.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 4-6 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Can be sanded after and recoated after 12-24 hrs. Final hardness achieved after a few weeks.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Hard and softwoods, cork, unglazed clay tiles as well as on concrete and finished floors.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease as well as a suitable carrier. Mineral
surfaces also should be chemically neutral.
Application Evenly brush, spray or roll thin layer of bio pin Natural Universal Varnish onto surface. Only use if temperature is above 8°C.
Thinner The varnish comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner.
Preparation Rub tropical and extremely resinous woods with bio pin Thinner. Remove concrete traces from clay tiles with acidic solution. Neutralize alkaline surfaces.
Prime Coat Apply a layer of bio pin Natural Universal Varnish (20% diluted), bio pin Natural Impregnating Oil or bio pin Natural Hard Oil. Leave to dry and sand with fine grade sandpaper before applying second coat.