biopin Natural Impregnating Oil
bio pin Natural Impregnating Oil is a breathable transparent primer and impregnating oil made from vegetable oils and resins. It penetrates the wood deeply and provides an excellent water- repellent effect. It is also ideal as a primer which gently highlights colour and grain of the wood.
Area of application
bio pin Natural Impregnating Oil can be used as an interior (eg windows) and exterior wood primer prior to further treatment with varnishes or stains as well as to impregnate exterior wood and wood in interior damp areas.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of wood oil, modified colophony, linseed oil
- Solvent: essential citrus oil
- Pigments: mineral pigments
- Additives: lead and barium-free drying agent
- Colours Transparent
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l, 10 l
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.9 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 12 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Approx. 46°C
- Coverage 70-80 ml/sq metre per coat depending on the composition of the surface and the absorption properties.
- Drying time Dry after approx. 6-8 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Leave highly absorbent materials to dry for 1-2 days.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Untreated or oiled softwood
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Brush on thin and even layer or soak with oil. Only use if temperature is above 8°C. Thinner The oil comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner. Preparation Rub resinous and tropical woods with bio pin Thinner. Primer Prior to varnishing or staining Apply a thin coat. Remove or buff off any excess oil with cloth after approx. 15 minutes. Leave to dry well. Then treat with eg bio pin Exterior Wood Stain or bio pin Natural Universal Sealant. Impregnating Depending on the porosity of the wood apply 2-4 coats of bio pin Natural Impregnating Oil until wood is saturated. Do not leave individual coats to dry but remove any excess oil after approx. 15 minutes. Then apply next coat until wood is saturated. Then leave to dry well.