biopin Natural Hard Oil
bio pin Natural Hard Oil is a breathable and water-repellent primer and finish for interior surfaces with heavy wear. The oil particularly enhances the pressure, wear and knock resistance of softwoods and cork. It consolidates the surface whilst retaining its elasticity. It slightly deepens the colour of the wood and highlights the grain. When completely dry bio pin Natural Hard Oil is suitable for contact with foodstuffs.
Area of application
bio pin Natural Hard Oil is suitable as a primer and finish for untreated work surfaces in kitchens, wooden floors and other interior woods with heavy wear. It can also be used as a primer for untreated cork floors and for the treatment of unglazed clay tiles.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of wood oil, modified colophony, linseed oil, castor oil.
- Solvent: citrus oil
- Additives: lead and barium-free drying agent
- Colours Transparent
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.50 l, 10.0 l
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.9 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 12 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°.
- Flash point Approx. 46°C
- Coverage 0-80 ml/sq metre per coat depending on the composition of the surface and the porosity of the material. Consumption may be increased especially for the initial treatment of such materials as end-grain wood, unglazed tiles and cork.
- Drying time Dry and can be recoated after approx. 6-8 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Leave heavily impregnated surfaces to dry for 1-2.
How to use
Suitable Surfaces Untreated or oiled wood such as cork and unglazed clay tiles.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease, mineral surfaces must also be chemically neutral.
Application Soak area or brush oil onto surface. Only use if temperature is above 8°C.
Thinner bio pin Natural Hard Oil comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner.
Preparation Apply 1-4 layers (depending on penetration) of bio pin Natural Hard Oil. Do not leave to dry, but remove any excess oil after about 15 minutes and apply new coat until the material is completely saturated. Then leave to dry well.