biopin Linseed Oil
bio pin Boiled Linseed Oil is a transparent, vacuum-heated and blown linseed-oil for indoor and outdoor applications. It penetrates right into the timber and forms an excellent basecoat for all metal, wood or stone surfaces thus improving the adhesion of the paint applied afterwards. It is water repellent, breathable and highlights the characteristic grain and colour of wooden surfaces.
Area of application
bio pin Boiled Linseed Oil is the ultimate primer both indoors and. On metal and stone surfaces it is the ideal etch primer. It can also be used to make your own oil and artists paints. Do not use as primer or only coat on exterior surfaces of wooden construction materials (eg doors, windows) if the finish used for these surfaces does not fill the wood grain (glaze).
- Constituents Linseed oil, lead-free drying agent (Co/Zr drier)
- Colours Transparent
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free and dry conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l
- Class of risk Does not apply as not considered a hazardous material
- Specific weight Approx. 0.93 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 30 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20 °C.
- Flash point Approx. 280 °C.
- Coverage 70-80 ml/square metre if applied undiluted on a surface with average absorption properties.
- Drying time Second coat can be applied after approx. 18-24 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Dry after 1-2 days if applied to non-porous. Low temperature, high humidity and wet surfaces slow down drying process.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Untreated wood and wooden construction materials as well as stone and metal.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Only use if temperature is above 8°C. Can be brushed, sprayed and dived/steeped onto surface.
Thinner bio pin Thinner.
Preparation Rub off resinous and tropical woods with bio pin Thinner, degrease untreated metal surfaces.
Prime coat Undiluted linseed oil can only be applied to extremely porous surfaces. For treatment with all other surfaces thin down with bio pin Thinner, eg 1:1 (semi oil), or in cases of surfaces with poor absorption properties 1:2 (skimmed oil). Evenly apply one to two thin layers of linseed oil on all wooden and stone surfaces. Remove any excess oil after 30 min. with piece of cloth (please note the safety advice!). Leave to dry well. Only apply one very thin coat on metal surfaces which do not need rust-proofing. Leave to dry well.