biopin Top Coat
biopin Marine Top Coat is a solvent based, glossy top coat, based on a cooked mix of natural resins and wood oil. It possesses excellent hiding powers good mechanical properties and is highly weather-resistant. If applied together with bio pin Zinc Dust Paint and bio pin Intermediate Coating, it meets the standards of the salt spray test Class C5 according to DIN EN ISO 12944-6.
Area of application
bio pin Marine Top Coat is a finishing coating in the bio pin Marine Corrosion Protection system, but it can also be applied to other surfaces made from steel, wood etc. Can be used indoors and outdoors, yet not for underwater surfaces.
- Constituents Binding agent: wood oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: citrus oil
- Pigments and fillers: titan dioxide, talcum, iron oxides
- Additives: highly dispersive silicic acid, lead-free drying agents
- Colour: White, Black, Marine Green, Marine Blue, Marine Red
- Storage: Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life: A minimum of 2 years if kept firmly closed
- Can sizes: 0.75 l, 2.5 l Other sizes on request
- Class of risks: VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 2.8 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 1,600 mPa.s / 20°C
- Solids content Approx. 70 %
- Coverage Approx. 80 – 100 ml/m2
- Drying time Drying times at 20°C medium humidity: Dust-free after approx. 80 mins., Hard dry after approx. 4 hrs, Retreatable after 8 hrs, Weight bearing after 7 days
How to use
Application: bio pin Top Coat can be applied by brushing, rolling, spraying and airless. Only use if temperature is between 12°C and 30°C. Stir well before use.
Suitable Surfaces: Steel and wood