biopin Clear Varnish
bio pin Clear Varnish is a solvent-free interior wood sealer providing a glossy surface. It forms a water repellent and easy-to-clean coat with excellent adhesion and lasting elasticity.
Area of application
bio pin Clear Varnish seals all interior surfaces of furniture, lathed walls, doors, etc made from untreated softwoods, beech, maple, birch or rubber wood. The colour of other woods such as oak, chestnut and a number of tropical woods could change or the drying time may differ if treated with bio pin Clear Varnish. Test a sample area first. The use of bio pin Floor Varnish (product no. 30).is recommended for wooden floors.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of linseed oil, wood oil and modified colophony
- Solvent: water
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, methyl cellulose, drying agent without lead, barium- or stabilizers
- Colors Transparent. Milky when liquid, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.375 l, 0.75 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 0.99g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 25 sec. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Does not apply as over 250°C.
- Coverage 75-85 ml/sq metre for one coat on a surface with average absorption properties
- Drying time Dry after approx. 3-4 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. After approx. 8-12 hrs rub down carefully and apply a coat. Dries to full hardness after a couple of days.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood, wooden construction material, cork. Please check the information under ‘Areas of application’. Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease. Application biopin Varnish can be rolled, brushed or sprayed onto surface. Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Remove dust from wood grain. Stir bio pin Varnish well before use. A thin layer of bio pin Varnish should be evenly rolled, brushed or sprayed onto surface. Apply steadily as varnish dries quickly. Lightly sand down with fine grade sandpaper (180-220) after drying of each coat. Thinner The varnish comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water. Preparation Apply one thin layer of bio pin Clear Varnish (Approx. 10% diluted with water)