biopin Exterior Wood Stain
bio pin Exterior Wood Stain is a tinted or transparent exterior wood stain for a lasting finish which does not fill the wood grain. The bio pin Exterior Wood Stain penetrates surfaces extremely well and has a high water and weather resistance. The finish is of lasting flexibility and does not tend to brittle. It is therefore very suitable for refurbishments. If properly applied it achieves very good UV-light protection. The transparent wood stain gives only limited UV protection. It is recommended for restoration work (where there is sufficient pigmentation of the original coat) and for interior doors and windows as well as exterior areas which are not exposed to direct sunlight.
Area of application
bio pin Exterior Wood Stain can be used for exterior hard and softwoods (eg log cabins, wall panels, toys, timer frame) as well as for exterior and interior covering of doors and windows.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of castor oil, linseed oil, wood oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: essential citrus oil
- Pigments: earth and mineral pigments.
- Additives: silicic acid, soy lecithin, lead and barium-free drying agent.
- Colours Transparent no. 0441 –pine no. 0442– nut wood no. 0445 – jacaranda no 0446 – light oak no. 0438.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l, 10 l(depending on colour)
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.91-0.95 g/ml.(depending on colour)
- Viscosity Approx. 23 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Approx. 46°C
- Coverage 75-90 ml/sq metre per coat depending on the composition of the surface and the absorption properties.
- Drying time 75-90 ml/sq metre per coat depending on the composition of the surface and the absorption properties.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Evenly brush or spray on thin layer of bio pin Exterior Wood Stain. Only use if temperature is above 8°C. Stir or shake well before use.
Thinner The oil comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner.
Preparation Rub tropical and extremely resinous woods with bio pin Thinner. Cut or burn out resin ducts. Highly porous woods should be pre-treated with bio pin Natural Impregnating Oil. Impregnated exterior materials such as doors and windows etc which have not been treated against blue-stain fungus (wood dis-colouring fungus) with blue-stain impregnating agent prior to applying product.