biopin Primer Oil
bio pin Primer Oil is a solvent-free transparent primer. It penetrates deep into the material and provides a breathable and water-repellent protective coat for interior surfaces. It enhances the colour of the surface and highlights the grain of wooden materials. Used on plaster and other mineral-based materials it has a firming effect reducing the absorption properties of these surfaces.
Area of application
bio pin Primer Oil is suitable as a primer for interior wood. It can also be used to consolidate plaster and as a primer for mineral-based surfaces.
- Constituents Binding agent: linseed oil, wood oil
- Solvent: water
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, cobalt linoleate (lead -free drying agent) ,methyl cellulose
- Colours Milky when wet, clear when dry
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.375 l, 0. 75 l, 2,5 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Apoprox. 0.99 g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 12 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Does not apply as over 200°C.
- Coverage 0-85 ml/sq metre per coat on surfaces with average absorption. Consumption may be higher in cases of end-grain wood and mineral surfaces.
- Drying time Dry and recoatable after approx. 8-10 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Leave thoroughly coated materials to dry for 24 hours.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood and mineral materials.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease; mineral surfaces must also be chemically neutral.
Application bio pin Primer Oil can be sprayed or brushed onto surface. Only use if temperature is above 10°C.
Thinner The Primer Oil comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water.
Basic treatment Buff resinous and tropical woods with bio pin Thinner. Make sure thinner has completely dried before further treatment.
To prime wood, evenly apply 1-2 thin layers of oil. To achieve an ‘oiled only’ surface apply several coats. Do not leave oil to dry before applying next layer but remove any excess oil with cloth after 20 min. and apply next layer until wood is completely saturated.
If you wish to consolidate plaster or prime mineral materials brush or spray a layer of bio pin Primer Oil.