biopin Garden Wood Oil
bio pin Garden Wood Oil is a special high-quality solvent-free oil for exterior wood such as fences, playground equipment, patios, pergolas etc. Its high-quality vegetable oils impregnate new and revive old wood. Mineral pigments ensure a perfect appearance and protect the wood from early greying. bio pin Garden Wood Oil does not contain any anti-fungal additives.
Area of application
bio pin Garden Wood Oil can be used for untreated, pressure treated and oiled exterior wood. It is not suitable for oak, sealed or non-penetrable woods. For garden furniture please use bio pin Garden Furniture Oil or bio pin Teak Oil.
- Constituents Binding agent: linseed oil-stand oil, wood oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: water
- Pigments: mineral pigments
- Additives: methyl cellulose, vegetable-based emulsifier, lead and barium-free drying agent
- Colours Pine no. 4052 – green no. 4054 – teak no. 4057
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 2.5 l
- Class of risks Does not apply
- Specific weight Approx. 0.98 g/ml (depending on colour).
- Viscosity Approx. 12 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Does not apply as over 200°C.
- Coverage 75 ml/sq metre per coat depending on the composition of the surface and the absorption properties.
- Drying time Dry and recoatable after approx. 6-8 hrs at 20°C and average humidity.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood (see also ‘Areas of application’)
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Stir well before use. Brush on evenly and steadily.
Thinner The oil comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water.
Preparation Completely remove old varnishes and topcoats. Sand greying wood down to healthy wood if possible. Expose pressure treated wood for 1-2 months to weather. Brush off any salt crystals if necessary.