biopin Floor Wax
bio pin Floor Wax is a solvent-free liquid wax from natural waxes and vegetable oils to protect and enhance interior woods. Surfaces treated with floor wax are antistatic, repellent and breathable. The polished surfaces obtains a smooth and gloss gloss.
Area of application
bio pin Floor Wax can be used for untreated interior wood and cork floors as well as for the care and maintenance of waxed floors and linoleum. The colour of other woods such as oak, chestnut and a number of tropical woods could change or the drying time may differ if treated with bio pin Clear Varnish. Test a sample area first. The use of bio pin Floor Varnish is recommended for wooden floors.
- Constituents Binding agent: carnauba wax, beeswax, linseed oil, wood oil
- Solvent: water
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, methyl cellulose, lead and barium-free drying agent and stabilizer.
- Colours Transparent. Milky when liquid, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free and dry conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 0.98 g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 30 sec. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Does not apply as over 250°C.
- Coverage Approx. 60-75 ml/sq metre per coat on surface with average absorption.
- Drying time Can be polished after approx. 3-4 at 20° C and average humidity. Leave to dry for approx. 24 hrs before machine polishing. After 24 hrs light pressure may be applied. Final hardness achieved after several hours.
How to use
Suitable Surfaces Untreated wood, porous wooden construction materials and cork. Please also check the
information under ‘Areas of application’.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Apply one thin and even layer of wax with a sponge or paint brush. Use sparsely. 2 thin layers are better than one thick one. Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Stir bio pin Floor Wax well before use.
Thinner The floor wax comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water.