biopin Floor Oil
bio pin Floor Oil is a solvent-free breathable floor primer and surface finish with excellent penetration and adhesion. It protects especially softwoods and cork from abrasion, dirt and water while enhancing both the colour and the grain of wooden surfaces.
Area of application
For undercoating of untreated and absorbent floors and workbenches made from wood or cork for interior use. Can be as well used for preparation and finishing coatings of wooden workbenches. Dense woods as oak, chestnut and some tropical woods as well as softeners of adhesives may increase drying time.
- Constituents Binding agent: linseed oil, wood oil
- Solvent: water
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, cobalt lineolate (lead-free drying agent), methyl cellulose
- Colours Transparent. Milky when liquid, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l, 10 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight 0.98 g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 24 sec. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Does not apply as over 250°C.
- Coverage 70-90 ml/sq metre for one coat on a surface with average absorption properties. Consumption may be higher in cases of end-grain wood and cork especially for first coat.
- Drying time Dry and ready for second coat after approx. 8-10 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Surfaces that are more porous should be left to dry for 12-24 hrs.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Untreated and porous wood or cork surfaces. See also ‘Area of application’.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease. Prior to oiling surfaces carefully remove dust from wood grain.
Application bio pin Floor Oil should be stirred prior to use. Evenly apply a thin layer of floor oil. Apply steadily as oil dries quickly. Temperature during application should be over 10 °C.