biopin Floor Varnish
biopin Floor Varnish is glossy, solvent-free clear interior varnish providing excellent protection. It forms a water repellent surface which thoroughly protects the wood against abrasion damage. Due to its high content of vegetable oils bio pin Floor Varnish penetrates deep into the wood and has excellent adhesion and lasting elasticity.
Area of application
biopin Floor Varnish seals all wooden surfaces with heavy wear. Can be used for all interior wood surfaces, such as wooden floors. Also works well on cork floors. Dense woods such as oak, chestnut and some tropical woods as well as softeners of adhesives in eg cork, veneer and OSB may increase drying time and change the colour of the surface. Test sample area first.
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of linseed oil, wood oil and modified colophony, castor oil
- Solvent: water
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, silica, drying agent without lead and barium and stabilizers.
- Colours Transparent. Milky when liquid, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.5 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 0.99 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 25-30 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Does not apply as above 250°C.
- Coverage 80-90 ml/sq metre for one coat on a surface with average absorption properties.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 3-5 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Second coat can be applied after approx. 12-24 hrs. Avoid putting too much pressure on surfaces immediately after treatment. Dries to full hardness after a couple of days.
How to use
Suitable Surfaces Wood, wooden construction materials and cork. Please also note the instructions under
‘Areas of application’.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Paint, spray or roll onto surface. Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Carefully remove sand dust from wood grain. Stir bio pin Floor Varnish well before applying thin and even layer. Work quickly as varnish dries quickly. Leave each layer to dry and sand with fine graded sandpaper.
Thinner The floor varnish comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water.
Preparation Apply a thin layer of bio pin Floor Oil or bio pin Floor Varnish (Approx. 20% diluted with water). On cork floors application of a second thin coat may be necessary.