biopin Top Coat
Product description bio pin Topcoat is a solvent-free topcoat a silk finish, made from vegetable oils and resins for high-quality interior and exterior application. It possesses excellent hiding powers and provides lasting elasticity.
Area of application
bio pin Topcoat can be used to cover wooden and metal surfaces, such as windows, doors, garden furniture, plinths etc. Is not suitable for floors. May change the drying properties and colour of hardwoods such as oak, chestnut and various tropical woods. Only apply to such surfaces after testing the top coat on spare piece of wood or in hidden corner.
- Freisian Blue
- Nordic Green
- Nordic red
- Constituents Binding agent: cooked mix of linseed oil, wood oil, caster oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: water
- Pigments and fillers: mineral pigments, titan dioxide (from a spent acid recovery process)
- Additives: vegetable-based emulsifier, lead and barium-free drying agent mix, methyl cellulose, stabilizers.
- Colours White no. 3201 – ochre no. 3204 – Nordic red no. 3205 – Nordic green no. 3207 – Friesian blue no. 3209 – black no 3202.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.375 l, 0.75 l, 2.5 l (only some colours)
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight 1.3 g/ml -1.5 g/ml, depending on colour.
- Viscosity Approx. 110secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C.
- Flash point Does not apply as over 200°C.
- Coverage 75-85ml/sq metre per coat on surfaces with average absorption.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 3-6 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Can be carefully sanded after and re-coated after 1 day. Final hardness achieved after a few weeks.
How to use
Suitable Surfaces Wood, wooden construction materials, metal
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease. Metal must be rust-free.
Application Brush or roll on. Spraying only recommended if trials have been carried out. Only use if temperature is above 10°C.
Thinner The topcoat comes ready for use. If necessary dilute with water.
Preparation Buff tropical and extremely resinous woods with bio pin Thinner. Do not apply varnish until thinner has completely evaporated. Cut or burn out resin ducts. For a perfect effect pre-treat wood with one thin layer of bio pin Primer Sealer. See also ‘Technical data sheet bio pin Primer Sealer’.