biopin Boat Oil
bio pin Boat Oil has been developed from a traditional Scandinavian wood treatment technique. It contains a particularly weather resistant combination of linseed and tung oil. It is extremely resistant to seawater whilst maintaining its elasticity. bio pin Boat Oil penetrates deep into the wood and has excellent adhesion properties. If used properly it protects the wood for many years from UV light. Gloss finish.
Area of application
For treatment of wooden hulls, cabins, masts etc. where successive layers are required. Suitable for impregnating wooden decks, companionways, etc. In cases where a finishing coat is required, bio pin Boat Varnish should be applied. Only use bio pin Boat Varnish for prime coats on woods with good absorption properties prior to sealing surfaces.
- Constituents Binding agent: tung oil, linseed oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: citrus oil
- Additives: lead-free drying agent
- Colours Transparent
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if tin is kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75 l, 2.50 l
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.93 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 40 sec. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Approx. 46°C
- Coverage 70-100 ml/sq metre for one coat on a surface with average absorption properties
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 4-6 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Second coat can be applied after approx. 12-24 hrs. Dries to full hardness after a couple of days. Avoid putting too much pressure on surfaces immediately after treatment.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood, plywood
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Only use if temperature is above 8°C. Stir well before use. A thin layer of bio pin Boat Oil should be evenly brushed or sprayed onto surface. Do not use in direct sunlight.
Thinner The boat oil comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner or turpentine oil.
Preparation Rub off any resins from wooden surface. For resinous and tropical woods use bio pin Thinner.
Prime coat Apply bio pin Boat Oil several times until surface is saturated. Only remove excess oil on wooden decks after approx. 20 mins. In cases of surfaces with poor absorption properties bio pin Thinner (5-10% diluted) may be added.
Finishing coat Only required for building layers on hulls, masts etc. Apply 2 to 3 coats of bio pin Boat Oil.