biopin Boat Varnish
bio pin Boat Varnish is a traditional boat oil varnish providing excellent flow properties and lasting elasticity meeting the most demanding requirements. Its constituents contain high performance water repellents which thoroughly protect the wood from both seawater and abrasion damage. bio pin Boat Varnish penetrates deep into the wood and has excellent adhesion properties. If used properly it protects the wood for many years from UV light. Gloss finish.
Area of application
Seals all wooden surfaces both indoors and outdoors, especially efficient in boat construction, but can also be applied to garden furniture and interior rooms liable to damp conditions (eg bathrooms, kitchens, etc.).
- Constituents Binding agent: tung oil, modified colophony
- Solvent: citrus oil
- Additives: lead-free drying agent
- Colours Transparent
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 3 years if kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.75l, 2.5 l
- Class of risks VbF A II (flammable)
- Specific weight Approx. 0.93 g/ml
- Viscosity Approx. 32 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Approx. 46° C
- Coverage 75-90 ml/sq metre for one coat on a surface with average absorption properties.
- Drying time Dust-free after approx. 5-7 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Second coat can be applied after approx. 12-24 hrs. Dries to full hardness after a couple of days. Avoid putting too much pressure on surfaces immediately after treatment.
How to use
Suitable surfaces Wood and wooden construction materials
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Only use if temperature is above 8°C. Stir well before use. A thin layer of bio pin Boat Varnish should be evenly rolled, brushed or sprayed onto surface. Do not use in direct sunlight. Sand down with fine grade sandpaper after drying. Thinner The bio pin Boat Varnish comes ready for use. If necessary use bio pin Thinner or turpentine oil.
Preparation Rub off any resins from wooden surface. For resinous and tropical woods use bio pin Thinner.
Prime coat Pre-treat with bio pin Boat Oil or bio pin Boat Varnish (10-20% dilluted).
Finishing coat Apply 1 to 3 coats of bio pin Boat Varnish.