biopin Beeswax Stain
bio pin Beeswax Stain is a interior wood stain which does not fill the grain and can be transparent or tinted. It possesses excellent penetration properties and achieves surfaces with gloss or matt finish (depending on the amount of polishing). bio pin Floor Varnish forms a water and dirt repellent coat. It is breathable, antistatic and 100% solvent-free.
Area of application
bio pin Beeswax Stain can be used for all stained and unstained interior wood surfaces, such as shaped wood, exposed beams, doors, shelves and toys. Do not use for floors. bio pin Beeswax Stain is suitable for toys: meets DIN-EN 71, part 3 on the safety of children’s toys.
- Nordic Pine
- Nut wood
- White, transparent
- Constituents Binding agent: beeswax, carnauba wax, wood oil, linseed oil
- Solvent: water
- Pigments: earth and mineral pigments
- Additives: cobalt lineolate (lead-free dying agent) vegetable-based emulsifier, silica
- Colour Transparent no. 0150, tinted white no. 0151,Nordic pine no. 0152, teak no. 0160. Beeswax Stain is milky when liquid, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if kept firmly closed.
- Can sizes 0.375l, 0.75 l, 2.5 l, 10 l (depending on tint).
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 0.97 g/ml.
- Viscosity Approx. 25 secs. (DIN-size beaker 4 mm) at 20°C
- Flash point Does not apply as above 200°C.
- Coverage 70-90 ml/sq metre for one coat depending on composition absorption properties of surface.
- Drying time Can be re-coated and polished after approx. 6-8 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Dries to full hardness after a couple of days. High humidity, low temperatures and wet wood slow down the drying process.
How to use
Suitable Surfaces Wood, wooden construction materials and cork.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Application Paint or spray onto surface. Only use if temperature is above 10°C. Stir well before use.