biopin Beeswax Balm
bio pin Beeswax Balm is a solvent-free transparent wax mixture to protect and enhance interior wood. Allows the grain to show through and enhances the natural character of the wood. Beeswax Balm creates a smooth satin surface. Treated wood is water repellent and breathable. Wooden surfaces treated with Beeswax Balm are antistatic.
Area of application
bio pin Beeswax Balm can be applied to untreated or primed surfaces of interior wood such as furniture, doors, toys etc. Beeswax Balm can also be used to impregnate and protect leather products such as shoes and motorcycle suits. Suitable for toys: meets DIN-EN 71, part 3 on the safety of children’s toys.
- Constituents: Binding agent: beeswax, carnauba wax, linseed oil, wood oil
- Solvent: water
- Additives: cobalt lineolate (lead-free drying agent) Vegetable-based emulsifier, methyl cellulose
- Colours Milky when wet, clear when dry.
- Storage Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store in cool but frost-free and dry conditions.
- Shelf-life A minimum of 2 years if kept firmly closed
- Can sizes 0.5 l, 1.0 l
- Class of risks Does not apply.
- Specific weight Approx. 0.98 g/ml
- Viscosity Thixotrophic
- Flash point Does not apply as above 200 °C.
- Coverage Approx. 60 ml/sq metre if on smooth, non-primed wood. Approx. 40 ml/sq metres if on smooth, primed wood.
- Drying time Can be polished after approx. 3-5 hrs at 20°C and average humidity. Dry after 1-2 days.
How to use
Suitable Surfaces Wood and wooden construction materials as well as smooth leather.
Surface requirements The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease.
Thinner Ready to use.
Preparation Rub off resinous and tropical woods with bio pin Thinner. On oak wood try suitability on spare piece of wood. Application of one coat of bio pin priming oil is recommended to pre-treat untreated surfaces.
Finishing coat Apply thin, even layer of Beeswax Balm along the grain. Leave to dry, then apply second coat if necessary.
Further treament To achieve a silky surface buff off with lint free cloth or polishing brush by applying slight pressure.
Restoration To remove water stains and small scratches and to enrich colour and finish of wood apply thin layer of balm with lint free cloth.